Bilton Hall is registered by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to provide:
- Accommodation for both men & women who require nursing or personal care
- Diagnostic & screening procedures
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
- 24 hour full nursing care as defined in the Individual Care Plan which includes the monitoring and assessment of potential clinical problems, eg Pressure area management, Nutritional balance, Fluid balance, Administration and management of drugs, Pain management
- An assessment carried out using a holistic approach to care planning and implementation. We encourage family & friends to contribute to the Care Plan, e.g. with the details of the resident’s life history.
The Home intends:
- To meet the needs of Service Users who require the security of having staff available 24 hours per day.
- To help maintain independence as far as possible, while providing personal care and attention to those whose needs require such assistance.
- To provide a warm, friendly and homely atmosphere with necessary rules and regulations being kept to a minimum.
- To help maintain dignity and privacy to all Service Users at all times by respecting their wishes and treating them as individuals.
We want our residents to enjoy a good quality of life as well as good care. Staff are trained to preserve and maintain the dignity, individuality and privacy of all residents within a warm and caring atmosphere, and in so doing will be sensitive to the Service Users ever changing needs.
The General Manager – Glenda Ibbotson
Glenda is a Registered Nurse (RGN) with over 40 years of experience. Her main interest and experience is in managing successful care homes with elderly frail and mental health problems. Glenda is an experienced manager, committed to providing a high quality service.
She is ultimately responsible for the effective and professional running of the care home, but will always allocate time to discuss any aspect of our Residents care, or any problems they may be experiencing. Glenda is keen to work closely and in partnership with our Residents and their relatives and with significant others and all external agencies to benefit the residents in our care. She holds regular Thursday evening surgery and has an open door policy for residents & relatives to see her.
Glenda is a dynamic team leader and has a keen interest in the professional development of herself and her staff in the home.
The other members of the Team
Bilton Hall has 57 members of staff: 40 of whom are directly involved with nursing and providing care for our residents. Between them they have over 100 years care experience within Bilton Hall.
Of the 33 care staff, over 50% hold an NVQ level 2 or above in Health and Social Care.
The Administrators are responsible for dealing with fees, supplier’s invoices and payroll. Ancillary staff includes Chefs, Dining room Assistants, Kitchen Assistants, Maintenance, Gardener, Activities Organiser, Laundry and Hygiene Personnel.
Bilton Hall Nursing Home is part of the We Care Group which consists of many other successful residential and nursing homes.
For Caregiving jobs; please contact the home directly using the email: firstname.lastname@example.org attaching an application form & CV.
Please note; vacancies may differ for each homes – use the link below to see our other homes & vacancies within the group.
A key feature of the care we offer here at Bilton Hall is to ensure that Residents are treated with Dignity and we are keen supporters of Dignity in Action.
Many of our staff are registered as Dignity Champions and we always feature National Dignity Action Day as an event to firmly reinforce this.